Saturday, May 9, 2009

I finally ran

I went in today to help with the morning classes at the CF gym.  More people showed up than I thought would so that was pretty cool.  The one thing that I am always let down on each and every time I go there is the lack of intensity that the people bring.  Each persons intensity is relative to them, but when they aren't huffing and puffing and wanting to do nothing the rest of the day then they did not push themselves enough.  

I would say MAYBE 1 in 20 semi push themselves at this gym.  Its probably just the gym atmosphere because the other coaches don't encourage and yell at the people to push them.  I definitely do though and I always get people coming up to me thanking me for pushing them and helping them.

In between stuff I did some standard press, but after I left I wish I had done a heavy fast MetCon.  All day I've been thinking about it and its been bugging me!

I have been planning on running for awhile and since I got my Nike 3.0 frees for my birthday I can now run in comfort.  I ran at Whitney's parents house on their treadmill and just popped a movie on.  I wanted to get 13.1 in under two hours and I was well on my way, but I wore the wrong underwear and my legs started rubbing so bad they almost started bleeding.  They still kill.  I finished with 9 miles in about an hour and 5 minutes or so.  I am going to run the half marathon next week with the right underwear!  

I also went shooting today with my HK for the first time in about a year.  I just got one box of 9mm.  I still got it so that was good.  I also looked at some carrying size handguns for the future when I have some cash to get my concealed permit and a carry gun.  I love the Kimber Ultra Carry II 1911 and I also looked at the Springfield XD .40 subcompact, which is a lot cheaper, but much bulkier.  I'll probably just save up and get the Kimber some day.   

No comments:

Post a Comment