Friday, May 1, 2009

Cindy mania

When I was at the Cert this past weekend, Andy Stumpf mentioned the need for LEO/Military guys to occasionally push themselves for longer than normal MetCons.  He said that he as a SEAL will do 1 hour or so MetCons every other week or so.  

I have been focusing so much on strength and I wanted to see how my conditioning was today and if I could push past the pain mentally and keep going.  

Cindy: A traditional Cindy is as many rounds as possible in 20 min of -- 5 pullups, 10 push ups, 15 air squats (hip below the knee).  When I do a real Cindy I usually get 32 rounds or so on average, which isnt too bad.  

When I started today I wanted to get 60 rounds of Cindy in an hour...well I couldn't hold back enough and I thought I was pacing myself, but in the first 20 min I still did 30 rounds, then I got to 60 rounds at 44:53 and finally I was starting to slow down and I ended up getting 76 rounds in an hour.

76 rounds

Pullups: 380
Pushups: 760
Squats: 1140

Get Some

No comments:

Post a Comment