Monday, June 15, 2009

Back at it

Whitney and I moved back to SLC because it feels more like home now and we wanted to be close to my siblings.  I was really sick for the first 2 weeks that we were here.  I had a gnarly sinus infection and I got some steroids and an antibiotic to fix the problem.  Today was my first day hitting a real WOD in about a month!

I have done some strength stuff, but I had been feeling too crappy and nauseous to do any metabolic exercises.  I definitely lost some weight, which is crappy.

It is really nice to be back in SLC and to be working/training at SLC CrossFit.  I love it there.  I love the gym, equipment and the people.  The other trainers there are just awesome and I really look up to Vi.  

I want to get into some of the crazy trail runs that these guys do so that will be fun to do as well.  

The gym WOD was 'Nasty Girls' today and I had been planning on doing muscle ups (video of muscle up here) so I did my own ladder WOD.  I helped out with the 12 o'clock class and I ended up doing probably 15 muscle ups then and those were my first muscle ups since leaving SLC 6 months ago.  They felt pretty solid.  

My WOD:

1,2,3,4,5 Muscle Ups
2,4,6,8,10 Clean and Jerks 135 lbs

So, I did 1 muscle up and then 2 c&j, then 2 muscle ups and 4 c&j and so on.  

It ended up being 25 muscle ups (not including the 15 or so I did earlier) and 50 c&j for time -- 16:51

My muscles felt good, but I was WINDED!  Not training for a month plus the altitude killed me.  Im glad to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment