Friday, August 14, 2009

Day 5

Today I felt pretty good. My back was a little sore from the squats yesterday, but I was still able to do pretty decent weight today on my Deadlifts. Today was also my metcon day.

Deadlifts:
2x5 @ 135
1x5 @ 185
1x3 @ 225
1x3 @ 245
3x3 @ 275

MetCon:
5 rounds for time:
200 m run
20 kb swings 53lbs

Time - 8:02

I felt like an absolute slug. I swear I was basically walking. First, I haven't ran in awhile, which is definitely my fault and I need to do more of. Second, my back has never ever felt so tight in my entire life. As I was running the tightness in my back was truly taking my breath away. I was just glad to be over.

When I was done I spent some time on the foam roller, stretching, and then hanging from the pullup bar to release the tension from my back.

Next week I think I wanna do 295 on the reps of 3 for dead lift.

This video is of Mark Rippetoe at a Barbell Cert. This is exactly what I did on Saturday and Sunday.





This is a video of a CRAZY deadlift. I am hoping to get a mid-400's deadlift, but this guy did 1008!

No comments:

Post a Comment