Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rest of the Week

So, I realized my back pain was not from my squats, but rather it was from my presses on monday. At the Barbell Cert I learned that it is completely acceptable to lean back when you press, but that the lean is from the waist and not in the lumbar. I must've leaned both in the waist and in the lumbar straining my ribs/back.

I did not feel good enough the rest of the week to continue with my heavy program. I didn't do anything on Tuesday and I only did 15 muscle ups for time early Wednesday morning because I had to beat Peter. I got a 1:36 on the 15 muscle ups I think.

Thursday I did power cleans, but I didn't go up to 155. I did a bunch at lower weights and then I went up to 145 and called it good. I did the WOD that the gym was doing that day. 5 rounds: 15 pull ups and 15 OHS @ 95 lbs. I got a 9:56 on that. My pull ups sucked with the new bars in the gym.

Friday I did a WOD called Grindy with Peter. We added a little more to the WOD to make it more even.

Grindy:
10 clean and jerks 135 lbs
5 rounds Cindy
10 clean and jerks 135 lbs
5 rounds Cindy
10 clean and jerks 135 lbs

and then we added an additional 5 rounds of Cindy.

Time - 19:05 and peter got like a 22 something.

I have not been that tired in a long time.

Saturday:
Dianne
21, 15, 9
Deadlift 225 lbs
Hand Stand Push Ups

Time - 5:55

Multiple Sets of strict muscle ups

1 set of ring push ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment