Monday, July 6, 2009

Busy at the gym

The gym is getting busier and that is awesome.  It is fun to see people progressing and setting new personal records.  Its also fun helping people with technique.  Between the gym and running back to my house to check on the dogs it is truly difficult to get in a legitimate WOD.  

Today I was at the gym from 5:30 am - 9:30 then I ran home took a shower and played with the dogs...I then left at 10:30 so I could get back and do a little WOD with peter.  We did 'Nate' but a 10 min version of it.  

10 min. Nate:
2 muscle ups
5 handstand pushups
8 kb swings 70 pounder

I got 7 rounds in 10 min.  I could've gotten more though.  

We then worked on some pressing technique with Peter so that he is careful of his back and he got up some good weight.  I managed to get a couple reps in there too..

I got 140 lbs up standard press...and I got 165 push jerk 5 times easily.  

Hopefully I'll get more in today.

So, I went back to the gym.  I watched a video of Chris Spealler (CF Park City owner and #1 crossfitter in the world) doing 106 pullups strait and that got my juices going.  I can't figure out how to post it on here though...

2nd WOD:

3 rounds max reps body weight bench press and pullups --

Round 1: bench @ 145 lbs -- 20...Pull ups 30
Round 2: bench @ 145 lbs -- 18...Pull ups 35
Round 3: bench @ 145 lbs -- 17...Pull ups 40

Total bench: 55 reps      Total Pull ups: 105       Total Reps: 160 in 3 rounds

2 sets of very narrow bench 20 reps at 95 lbs

Back again...Justin came at the last class of the day and he was pressing some serious weight..so I jumped in at the end when he lowered the weight a little and push jerked 165x5 no problem..that felt pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment