Thursday, July 2, 2009

I've gained weight

So for the longest time I have been stuck at 135-140 lbs.  I weighed myself at my cousin's house two days ago and I weighed a solid 145!  

I want to get bigger and bigger and bigger, but with trying to get bigger comes chub.  So, I am fighting that battle of trying not to get chubby but to get stronger and lean muscle mass, while trying to stay semi-trim.  It sucks.  

I wouldn't mind being as big as this guy...his name is Chuck Carswell...former NCAA football player now big time crossfitter/HQ trainer dude.  He's huge.


I read from some website when I was prepping for BUDS that a good strength indicator was being able to bench your body weight 20 times in one set.  That was easy at 135 so today I had to try 145.  I didn't have a spotter, but I tried anyway.

I ended up doing 3x20 at 145!  It felt awesome.  So, that is a great indicator that I am gaining pretty decent weight because my strength is increasing with my weight.  

WOD's:

100 burpee pullups for time:

Time - 9:35

Later in the day:

5x10 dead hang pull ups
Narrow bench 2x20 95lbs
Normal Bench 3x20 145 lbs
Strict Overhead Press: 3x5 115 lbs, 2x8 95 lbs  

No comments:

Post a Comment