Thursday, April 9, 2009

Deadlift PR!

Today was a really good deadlift day.  I didn't take much time to warm up because I didn't have a ton of time.  I just stepped right into it.  My previous 1 rep max was 285, but today I did 275x3 so easily that I knew I could go quite a bit heavier.  I then did 3x285 pretty good and finally 3x295.  The CFSB article recommends that when you set a personal record (PR) you just need to stop there because your body has exerted so much energy that you will do more harm than good by pushing it.  So, after 295x3 I had to call it quits and move on to my conditioning exercise. 

Strength:

Deadlifts:
145 - 30 times Overhand grip
185 - 10 times Overhand grip
205 - 6 times Overhand grip
5x3 - 265, 275, 285 (my previous 1 rep max!), 295!

I then did 15x205 lbs to finish off.

MetCon:

'Mini-Grace' 115 lb clean and jerks 30 times for time:
Time - 2:38

That's a pretty good time considering I can't drop the weights and reset and I have to lower them, which kills my elbows.  I'll be excited when I can doing the real Grace and heavier Graces as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment