Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Tuesday's WOD



This video is of Jason Khalipa. He was last years CrossFit Games winner. He's a freaking animal. He's doing a classic CF exercise called 'Grace'. Its 30 Clean and Jerks 135 pounds for time. My best time is in the 5:00's which is not too bad since the last time I did it I weighed 135 lbs! My goal though is to get a similar strength to weight ratio as Khalipa's.

Yesterday I didn't really have access to a computer because the internet is totally spotty at our house right now. I am testing the 'whole milk' theory and so far I haven't wanted to explode from lactose intolerance! Hopefully it will help me gain some good lean muscle with the strength exercises that I am doing. Right now, on a good day, I weigh about 140, but I would honestly like to get around to 160ish, but not chubby. I am not exactly sure if it is possible, but that's where I'm heading. Hopefully I will be able to get my legs quite a bit bigger and that will help to gain some weight.

I haven't even been sore this week so that has been good. My body usually adjusts to different work outs pretty quickly and I am able to push through the soreness pretty well and this time is no different. I was pretty sore last week almost immediately, but this week I haven't felt sore yet.

Strength:

Overhead Press 1 rep: 125, 130, 135, 130, 135
Push Press 5x3: 135, 145, 155, 160, 155

WOD:

12, 9, 6
135 lb Thrusters
60 lb dumb bell swing
400 m run

Time: 9:50 (slow!)

No comments:

Post a Comment