Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Now in Las Vegas



Today I am in Las Vegas for a long day of police testing.  There was close to 1000 people that showed up for 40 academy slots!  By the end of the day that number had been cut in half, but that is still a huge number of people.  Tomorrow is some type of interview/oral board thingy so hopefully that'll go well.  

The hotel that I am staying at doesn't have a hotel and I ate horribly today.  I had a protein bar in the morning, some almonds in the afternoon and I finally got some food at Whole Foods at 7:30!  I was pretty dang hungry.

I did a silly pt qualification thing today for the police department and I was shocked at how out of shape people were.  Guys that looked in shape were just pathetic.  We had to run a timed mile run at the end and the limit was 10:50!  I honestly don't know if I can run slow enough to do a 10:50 mile.  Needless to say I got a 5:32.

I'll do some pushups and stuff tonight and figure something out tomorrow.  Hopefully, I will be home by tomorrow so I can get a good workout in and start hitting it hard again.

This video is another huge contender at the CF games.  He has some ridiculous strength and awesome endurance.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear day one was "silly"/easy! If it's meant to be you'll definitely make it to tomorrow! Good luck and don't worry about the interview.

    ReplyDelete