Friday, April 24, 2009

Utah region CF games qualifier WOD

I was checking my SLC crossfit trainer's blog and he posted one of the WOD's that the Utah region did for the Crossfit games qualifiers.  I would LOVE to compete in the CF games some day.  I need to get a little stronger and my technique needs to get better on cleans etc.  The Games is definitely one of my real goals that I am going for.  

Warmup:
3 rounds --
10 burpees 
10 225 deadlifts
15 squats

WOD:
5 rounds for time --
7 deadlifts @ 275 lbs
30 air squats
7 hand stand push ups (hspu's)

Time: 15:41

Words cannot express how tight my back was getting.  The first set I did all 7 deadlifts without a break and I finished the first round in like 50 seconds.  By round 4 I was going pretty slow.  I was doing my deadlifts in two sets, 4 the first then 3 the second set.  My back was getting so tight that it was making me slow down incredibly on my air squats.  The hspu's were easy and I did all 7 in 1 set in each of the 5 rounds.  

I finished the fourth round in 10:50 or so and I stepped up for the 5th and final round.  Usually, in my WODs when I hit the last round or the last couple minutes I get a shot of adrenaline and I pound through the WOD, but today I tried that for my deadlifts and I cannot even explain how tight my back got.  My last set of 7 deadlifts were done in 3, 2, 1, 1.  I was dying! I finished in 15:41, so that last round took me almost 5 minutes!  Unreal.  I was breathing super hard, I was just so incredibly tight and drained for the deadlifts.

My buddy said the guy who won got 19 min something...so I was doing something right today.

I then did some bench and I was done after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment