Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Las Vegas Cert Day 2

Sunday was another awesome day.  The day started off with a review and question and answer session that lasted for awhile.  Andy Stumpf (AD SEAL and owner of CF Coronado) just knows so much and can explain it all so well that I can't imagine not having him at a Cert.  

Another trainer named Jimmy, who is the owner of CF Laguna Beach and is the director of something at CF HQ gave a great nutrition lecture about the zone and paleo diets.  

We had a couple break out sessions where we went to a couple of different stations to practice some more functional movements so that we could teach them properly.  We went over the snatch, kipping and butterfly pull ups (I demonstrated the butterfly for everyone), muscle ups, and the GHD setup.  

We had a surprisingly really good WOD that in writing didn't look very hard, but was a doozy.  I wasn't sore from the previous day and I thought that my soreness from all the deadlifts I did on Friday was gone.  Boy was I wrong.  In the middle of the WOD I felt Friday's deadlifts and Saturday's WOD in my legs like crazy!

Sunday WOD:

Run 800m
5 rounds
10 squat clean 45lb plate
10 push ups
Run 800m

Time: 9:14

I got 5th place overall which wasn't too bad.  There were a couple really good runners and I feel like I could've done better, but my lower back was absolutely screaming at me.

Im extremely glad that I went and now Im certified! 

1 comment: