Friday, April 17, 2009

Overhead Squats

Whitney and I went to the ProClub together.  She has been doing mini body weight WODs and warming up to full on CrossFit.  One day when we have our own garage gym going she'll be doing the real thing (if she still wants to).  

Today I was showing her some of the basic CF movements: Squat, Front Squat, and Overhead Squat.  She has done some exercises with both Back and Front Squats, but none with Overheads.  The ProClub has the rubber bar thingys of different weights that were lighter than a regular lifting bar so that is what she used.  

MetCon WOD:

4 rounds: 
10 OHS (whitney 9 lbs/ alex 95 lbs)
5 dumb bell snatches each arm (whitney 7.5 lbs/ alex 55 lbs)

It is important to know that whitney finished before I did!  She was around 7:30 and I was around an 8 min range.  My conditioning is terrible right now!

Strength WOD:
Bench: 5x225, 5x225, 5x205, 20x135

This was the first time that I have ever done 2x5 of 225.  Usually I just do 3 reps, but today I was doing 5, which felt pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment